What: Fishing is picking up at Casa Vieja Lodge, with the Spring and Summer months boasting double-digit sailfish raises along with opportunities for blue marlin, tuna, and mahi-mahi. Perhaps the most famous lodge in the entire world of bluewater sportfishing, Casa Vieja Lodge has long been known for world-class bluewater boats and crews, the best captains in the business, and the highest quality accommodations in the area.
The Lodge is located less than a mile from the entrance to Marina Pez Vela, and after a long and productive day on the water, you can be back in the Casa Vieja’s pool in under five minutes. Gone are the days of running the not-so-popular “la cala de la muerte” (the “inlet of death”) to and from the Lodge to the fishing each day. And while a trip to Casa Vieja Lodge is definitely a four-star experience, the total “cost-per-fish-released-ratio” makes this one of the finest values in the entire world of bluewater fishing.
- April 6-9: Finest Kind (40′ Whiticar)
- April 22-26: Release (37′ Merritt)
- May 8-11: Poco Loco (44′ Kincheloe Nickerson) & Makaira (37′ Rybovich)
- May 12-15: Finest Kind (40′ Whiticar) & Afinity (39′ Billy Knowles)
- May 27-29: Afinity (39′ Billy Knowles)
- June 12-14: El Cadejo (39′ Contender) & Afinity (39′ Billy Knowles)
- June 20-22: Rum Line (40′ Gamefisherman)
- June 28-30: Finest Kind (40′ Whiticar) & Makaira (37′ Rybovich)
If you’re an experienced bluewater angler or a novice hoping to witness a soaring sailfish wreck a massive topwater fly, there are few places in the world better than Guatemala. Give us a call at Yellow Dog Flyfishing to find the best dates for you.