Kendjam is one of the most fascinating destinations that we work within the world of fly fishing due to its remote location, rich cultural experience with native Indians, and clear water fishing for a diverse lineup of exotic jungle gamefish. This is a truly trip of a lifetime for adventuresome anglers looking for an unnique and enriching fly fishing experience! Get in on the last remaining dates for the 2019 season!
Kendjam is located in one of the most hidden areas of Brazilian Amazon – the Mekragnoti Indigenous Territory. This is a clear water fishery known for spectacular sight fishing opportunities for an impressive variety of species including peacock bass, payara, pacu, and wolfish. Most fishing is pursued on foot and the various fishing beats are accessed with the use of locally built boats that move anglers from one spot to another. The wading is very comfortable and safe on the granite base and clear water environment. Aside from the incredible dry fly and sight fishing for a large variety of species, what makes this trip unique and truly special are the Kendjam hosts, the Kayapo tribe – an indigenous community living in the 5 million hectare of pure virgin Amazon forest.
The lodge itself is located on a sandy beach overlooking a beautiful pool of the Iriri River and accommodates (8) guests per week with (4) double occupancy African style wall tents each with private bathrooms, hot water, electricity, comfortable beds, furnished with rugs, dressers, night stands and everything else you may need. Kendjam serves exceptional food, has a full bar, and a staff that works hard to ensure that you have a comfortable stay.
TRIP DETAILS – KENDJAM LODGE – BRAZIL
Day 1 (Sat) – Arrive in Manaus, Brazil and transfer to the Intercity Hotel to overnight.
Day 2 (Sun) – Depart Manaus in the morning on a Cessna Caravan charter flight direct to the Kendjam Community Airstrip (3.5) hour flight, transfer by boat (3) hours to the Lodge.
Day 3-9 (Mon-Sat) – Six (6) full days of guided fishing on rarely fished clear water rivers deep in the Brazilian Rainforest.
Day 10 (Sun) – Depart the Lodge in the morning via boat transfer to the Kendjam Community Airstrip, (3.5) hour charter flight back to Manaus, take an evening flight home or stay another night in town
2019 SEASON AVAILABLITY
Jul 21 – 28, 2019 (4 rods)
Aug 25 – Sept 1, 2019 (1 rod)
Sept 1 – 8, 2019 (2 rods) – YELLOW DOG HOSTED
Sept 8 – 15, 2019 (2 rods)
Eight (8) nights / Six (6) days of guided fishing (based on double occupancy) is $6,250.00 per angler plus $530.00 for the Native Community Tax
- One (1) night at the Intercity Hotel
- Ground transfers within Manaus (airport to hotel, hotel to airport, airport to hotel or dinner location)
- Round-trip charter flight on Grand Caravan 3.5-hour flight from Manaus – Kendjam – Manaus
- Six (6) full days of guided fishing (2 anglers per boat/guide)
- Seven (7) nights of double occupancy accommodations at Kendjam Lodge
- All meals and beverages at the Lodge
- Use of rods and reels, if needed
- Laundry service
What’s Not Included:
- International flights to Manaus, Brazil
- Meals and beverages in Manaus
- Terminal Tackle such as leaders and tippet
- Flies (flies are available for purchase at the Lodge)
- Tips and gratuities
- Indian Community Tax of $530.00 USD per person (to be paid in Brazil)
For more information please email John Hudgens or call 888-777-5060