Our partners in Playa Larga, Cuba have put together an itinerary to capitalize on the area’s diversity in fisheries. Playa Larga (famous in US history for the Bay of Pigs invasion) provides the unique opportunity to fish three entirely different scenarios. Based out of one lodge in the small town of Playa Larga, anglers can access river fishing for tarpon, saltwater flats fishing for bonefish and permit and finally, lake fishing for bass. Three unique fishing environs for different species, all within less than an hour’s drive.
We recommend staying at least one night in Havana to experience the historical city and to see the sights. An early morning pickup in Havana and transfer to the Rio Hatiguanico allows for fishing to tarpon before the final transfer to Playa Larga and your accommodations. The second day anglers can target permit and bonefish on the flats of Las Salinas. The third day will take anglers to Laguna del Tesoro (Treasure Lake) where they will have a chance to target Cuba’s black bass.
After each day of fishing, anglers will dine at the famous paladars (restaurants in private homes) that provide a taste of authentic Cuba. Playa Larga harbors some of Yellow Dog’s favorites which not only offer a delicious culinary experience, but provides a true cultural interaction with some of Cuba’s friendliest people.
A combination trip is perfect for anyone wanting to explore Cuba’s diversity of fisheries and experience a sampling of each unique area. Itineraries of any length can be arranged, and extra nights in Havana can be added on either end of the trip.
Arrival to Havana. Overnight at hotel on your own. (We can help you arrange the hotel.)
Leave at 6:30 from hotel to fly fish for tarpon in the Rio Hatiguanico. After fishing, anglers will travel to Playa Larga for paladar dining and simple accommodations.
Transfer 45 minutes to Las Salinas to fish for permit and bonefish.
Fish for bass on Laguna del Tesoro (Treasure Lake). In the afternoon return to Havana.
Contact Yellow Dog for details and to check on availability!
2 Nights / 3 Days of Fishing = < $2,500
- Private ground transfers to/from Havana to Playa Larga
- Daily ground transfers to and from the fisher(ies)
- Breakfast at hotel, packed lunch, 2 soft drinks, 2 bottles of water
- Taxes and GSTs
- Dinners at local paladars (private eateries)
- Number of fishing days in package
What’s Not Included:
- International flights to/from Havana (HAV)
- Hotel nights, meals, drinks, taxis, tours and any additional expenses while in Havana (Yellow Dog can help arrange)
- Fishing tackle, equipment, flies and all terminal tackle (rental gear is available)
- Cuban entrance visa (approx. USD $50.00)
- Gratuities for guides and staff (must be paid in cash with CUCs)
- Beer or alcoholic beverages
For more information email kristen [at] yellowdogflyfishing [dot] com (Kristen Tripp) or call 888-777-5060
Follow Us on @yellowdogcuba