Our team at Yellow Dog is working hard to provide timely and relevant updates for international travel procedures during COVID-19 – especially as the world re-opens and anglers make their way back to the saltwater flats and fisheries we love. To ensure our travelers are well-informed, we’ve compiled a list of destinations that are currently open and fishing, as well as up-to-date travel procedures and protocols to travel safely and hassle-free. Yellow Dog is here to help you each step of the way to ensure you have all of the right information, documents, and support to make the travel process as smooth as possible. As always, if you have any additional questions, please give our team a call and we will be happy to assist you with full details.
MEXICO (Yucatan and Baja)
A negative COVID-19 test is NOT required for entry
- Travelers will be required to fill out a short Health Declaration Form which will be provided by Yellow Dog
- Travelers will have their temperature checked at the airport (both domestic airports and international airports)
- All travelers must download the Belize Health App on their mobile devices and register your travel on the application 72 hours prior to arrival
- All travelers are encouraged to take a PCR test within 72 hours of arrival, which will put you on the fast-track lane for arrival into Belize. If you don’t have this test, you will be required to take a rapid test upon arrival for $50
- The Belize airport will have health screening, temperature checks, and verification of travel registration on the Belize Health App
- You will be provided a wristband upon arrival that must be worn to exit the airport grounds
You must obtain an RT-PCR (swab) test with negative results no more than five days prior to the date of your arrival.
- Once in possession of a negative RT-PCR (swab) test, you can apply for your Bahamas Health Travel Visa at the link travel.gov.bs prior to arrival. This shouldn’t take you more than three-to-four minutes to complete. Simply upload your test results and fill out some quick information.
- If you are staying longer than four nights and five days, you will be required to take one last rapid test in country. (If you depart on day five, you will not be required to take this test.)
- If you are staying longer than five days, most of our lodges will facilitate these tests for you
- All visitors to The Bahamas will be required to obtain COVID-19 insurance upon arrival, and the flat-fee cost of this basic insurance will be included in the travel health visa.
- A negative COVID-19 test is NOT required
- Travelers must complete a short online health pass form, which will be provided by Yellow Dog, no more than 48 hours before your flight
- All visitors to Costa Rica will be required to obtain COVID-19 insurance
- After completion of your health pass, you will be given a code to show to immigration upon arrival. We recommend you bring hard copies of your health form and travel insurance as well
- A negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test must be submitted on a short online health pass form, provided by Yellow Dog no more than 72 hours prior to arrival