What: Book now to enjoy one of the most unique saltwater fly fishing experiences in the Caribbean – fly fishing the waters of Scorpion Atoll in Mexico!
As of today, there are no international flights to and from Merida. We know United will resume operations in October but not the exact date. However, Cancun (CUN) airport will work and is a convenient way to get there. The outfitter will send a driver to pick the group up there. The group should ride together, otherwise, we may quote separate rides for a surcharge. We suggest flying in on early schedules so we have time to relax in Merida the night before the trip. On the departure date, everyone will be shuttled to Cancun after docking.
Everyone is required to wear a mask in public places and enclosures. Also when inside the vessel during daytime & activity… No need to wear it while fishing nor sleeping.
- The vessel will be sanitized continuously during the trip.
- Guides will take pics with their own cameras and phones and we will send them to you electronically.
- All drinks will be served in individual bottles (except coffee)
- There will be plenty of Hand Sanitizer gels all over the vessel.
- Keep social distancing as much as possible.
Restriction while in the islands.
- No walking across the islands.
- No guests allowed in proximity to Navy, Park, Lighthouse personnel or facilities nor structures.
March 21-27, 2021
May 1-8, 2021
September 19-25, 2021
October 17-23, 2021
November 14-20, 2021
6 Nights / 5 days of guided fishing
** Maximum of 4 anglers per trip **
Four (4) anglers = $5,850.00 per person
Three (3) anglers = $6,850.00 per person
- Two (2) nights at Casa del Balam Hotel (or similar hotel) in Merida
- Four (4) nights on live-a-board – double cabin on boat or tent on the beach
- Five (5) days of guided fishing – two (2) anglers per
- Three meals per day while on the live-aboard
- Sodas, beer, and wine while on the live-aboard
- Ground transfers to and from the airport
- Ground transfers and from the hotel and Progresso marina
- Fishing License
- Marine park usage fee
What’s Not Included:
- International airfare to and from Merida
- Taxis, tours, meals, and beverages while in Merida
- Liquor while on live-a-board (BYO)
- Gratuities for guides, boat crew, and shuttle drivers
Where: Scorpion Atoll, Mexico
Why: Alacranes Reef or, Scorpion Atoll, is the largest coral structure in the Gulf of Mexico. Since 1997 the waters of the atoll have been designated as a marine park forbidding any commercial fishing. The remoteness and seclusion of the atoll will remind anglers of destinations like the Seychelles or Christmas Island. Enjoy the atoll while wade fishing for big bonefish and permit. The fishery also holds large numbers of barracudas, triggerfish, sharks, amberjacks, mutton snappers, as well as other Caribbean flats species