We are excited to announce two spring creek fly fishing schools on DePuy Spring Creek & Armstrong Spring Creek in the Paradise Valley. The schools will be hosted by the Shields River Lodge located just outside of Clyde Park.
The 4 night / 3-day schools will be April 25 – 29 & May 17 – 21.
Each school will be limited to only 6 participants which ensures a low student-to-instructor ratio. And there will be no other public rods on the spring creeks each day – so you will have them all to yourselves! Veteran local instructors will include Brant Oswald, Beau Peavey, and Greg Bricker. Between the three of them – they have decades of experience on not only the Paradise Valley spring creeks, but technical trout waters around the world!
Instruction will include…
- Spring creek rigging
- Sight fishing
- Reading water
- Hatches and fly selection to matching the hatch
- Knot tying
- Hooking, landing, and releasing fish
Day 1 – Arrive
Day 2 – Instruction & fishing on 1 mile of private access on the Shields River
Day 3 – Instruction & fishing on Depuy Spring Creek
Day 4 – Instruction & fishing on Armstrong Spring Creek
Day 5 – Depart
$5,000 per person
- (4) nights lodging (single occupancy room)
- (3) days of instruction & guided fishing
- All meals at the lodge (including cooler lunch, waters, sodas, etc on the water)
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages at the lodge
- All flies and terminal tackle provided by the instructors / guides
- Use of rods and reels (if necessary)
- Gratuities for fishing instructors / guides
- Spring creek fees
- Transportation to and from the river
- Airfare (fly into Bozeman)
- Airport transportation (can be arranged at an additional cost or rent a car)
- Fishing license
- Waders and wading boots (rent from a local shop if needed)
- Gratuities for lodge staff
Those wanting to forego lodging and meals can stay somewhere locally, but still book the school for $2,750 per person which will include a hors d’oeuvres and wine/beer welcome reception at the Shields River Lodge, and lunch while out on the water each day.