Nestled in the Owen Valley of the Nelson Lakes district of the South Island sits Owen River Lodge. Anglers from across the globe travel to this region to target New Zealand’s elusive brown trout on the area’s numerous rivers and spring creeks.
Fly fishing New Zealand in October and November can be spectacular as the fish have been well-rested over the winter months and browns will start to feed voraciously as temperatures rise and food becomes more abundant. Additionally, these fish receive very little pressure relative to other times of year, so this represents yet another advantage to fishing in the early season. If you asked most any guide in New Zealand, it is very likely that they would tell you that this is their favorite time of year to fish.
Every angler should experience New Zealand’s natural treasures at least once in their lives. Between the world-class fishing and luxurious well-appointed lodge and guest cottages, Owen River is a must-visit destination. On top of the fishing and accommodations, the exchange rate between the U.S. Dollar and New Zealand Dollar has dipped into a 2-year record low, which means that travelling to New Zealand is shockingly affordable.
Check out the amazing deals that Owen River Lodge is offering for early season bookings:
October 1 – 15, 2018 and October 19 – November 11, 2018
6 nights / 4 days guided fishing = $2,890.39 USD per person, twin share
5 nights / 3 days guided fishing = $2,325.60 USD per person, twin share
- Accommodations in a luxury guest cottage
- One-on-one expert guiding with a senior fishing guide
- All gourmet meals, including pre-dinner canapés, a three-course dinner, cooked English breakfast, picnic lunches
- House wine and beer
- Use of lodge facilities, including fishing equipment
- Access fees
- Daily laundry service
What’s Not Included:
- International airfare to Auckland and domestic airfare to Nelson
- Transportation to and from the lodge
- Optional fly-outs by helicopter
- Fishing license (can be purchased at the lodge)
- Items of personal nature
For more information be sure to contact bessie [at] yellowdogflyfishing [dot] com (Bessie Hudgens) or call 888-777-5060