Yellow Dog Flyfishing Yellow Dog Flyfishing Destinations

Plan your trip


September 20, 2016


Many countries require parents traveling with their (minor) children and without the other parent to carry a “Travel Consent Form” — a signed and notarized acknowledgement from the other parent agreeing to the travel. Regardless of your destination, we highly recommend carrying this form.

In a recent article, USA Today lists several sites that can help you obtain the form, and notes the following TSA requirements for children:

Kids under 14
According to the Transportation Security Administration, kids are not required to show any identification at TSA checkpoints; still, some airlines require a birth certificate for children under 14 to prove their age. To avoid any hassles, travel with at least a copy of your child’s birth certificate, or for the best-case scenario, obtain a passport for your child.

Kids 15 to 17
While kids 15 to 17 are still considered minors in the eyes of the TSA, some airlines require that they have some kind of identification when they’re traveling alone. The rules can be somewhat looser than for adults; a school-issued ID card or a library card may be all that is required. For teens traveling alone, be sure to check with your individual airline.

It’s always better to come prepared and not risk being turned away at the airport — be sure to keep your kid’s paperwork as up-to-date as your own!


You currently don't have any favorite destinations.

The 2023 Yellow Dog Flyfishing Travel Guide

Sign Up To Get Your Free Digital Copy

The 2023 Yellow Dog Flyfishing Travel Guide is here! Packed with fly fishing focused content on the world’s finest fly fishing lodges, outfitters and destinations.