THE NORTHWEST TERRITORIES WITH JAKO LUCAS
Yellow Dog ambassador and worldwide angling aficionado, South African-born Jako Lukas will be hosting a group on August 5 – 12, 2017 to Plummer’s Great Bear Lake Lodge with a fly out to the Tree River Outpost located in the Northwest Territories, Canada.
Due to the remote nature of the fishery and the short summer season, Great Bear Lake sees only about 300 anglers a year and the Tree River Outpost sees even fewer. In operation for more than 60 years, Plummer’s Great Bear Lake Lodge boasts the all tackle world records for both Lake Trout and Graying, and the Tree River Outpost has the all-class world record arctic char.
Raised in South Africa, Jako Lucas began fishing South Africa’s fresh and saltwater destinations at the age of four. He represented his country in various competitions throughout his youth before starting his career as a full-time guide in 2006. Along the way he expanded his horizons to include photography and film work, establishing his own action film production company, Captain Jack Films. Jako’s guide resume includes years of working in Mongolia, Norway, and all throughout the Indian Ocean, including time spent on Astove, Cosmoledo, Farquhar, Providence, and Alphonse. He’s fished all across the globe and has won numerous awards for his film work. Jako is currently a consultant for Thomas and Thomas Rods.
Please contact Shaun Lawson for more information or to reserve your space on this exclusive trip! Here are a few details:
Great Bear Lake Lodge and Tree River Outpost – Jako Lukas Hosted Trip
Trip dates: August 5 – 12, 2017
**MUST overnight in Yellowknife on August 4**
Seven (7) nights with six and one-half (6.5) days of fully guided fishing
Total Package Price: $6,245.00 per person, based on double occupancy in a room and with a guide
• Meet-and-greet service at Yellowknife airport
• Transportation to and from the airport and your hotel
• Five (5) nights at Great Bear Lake Lodge
• Two (2) nights at the Tree River Outpost
• One (1) grayling focused flyout
• Six and one-half (6.5) days of fully guided fishing
• Round-trip air charter between Yellowknife, NWT and Great Bear Lake Lodge
• Family-style breakfast each morning with a three-course dinner each evening
• Daily shore lunch with your guide
• Non-bottled, non-alcoholic beverages
• Daily housekeeping service
What's Not Included:
• Airfare to Yellowknife, NWT
• Hotel and meals while in Yellowknife
• Fly-outs in one of the lodge’s Otter floatplanes
• Alcoholic beverages (BYO)
• Fishing licenses
• Flies, tackle and rental equipment (if needed)
• Laundry service
• Staff and guide gratuities
• 5% General Services Tax (added to final YD Invoice)
Want to learn more about our far-North programs?
Call us at 888-777-5060 to help with your next adventure.
Yellow Dog Page
PLUMMER’S GREAT BEAR LAKE LODGE