Located on the southern tip of Abaco Island in the laid-back fishing settlement of Sandy Point, Rickmon Bonefish Lodge sits on a beach overlooking its picturesque flat. The Lodge founder, head guide, and owner, Ricardo Burrows, has fished the waters around Sandy Point for over 30 years, and he and his team of guides pride themselves on their bonefishing skills and local knowledge. Bonefish in this area average three to four pounds and fish in the double-digits are found on a regular basis. Off the west coast of Abaco lies Gorda Cay and Mores Island, renowned for holding large bonefish as well as permit on beautiful, sandy-white flats. On calm days, these islands are an easy run from the lodge and well worth the trip. Rickmon is one of those rare fishing destinations that combines excellent food, lodging, and service with terrific and very friendly guides. And yes … for all you Sandy Point devotees … you can book Patrick, Anthony, Nicholas, Paul, Derreck, and, of course, Ricardo, and stay at Rickmon Bonefish Lodge!
LOCATION: Sandy Point, Bahamas
CAPACITY: Maximum of 22 anglers
CLOSEST MAJOR AIR HUB: Nassau International Airport (NAS)
TARGET SPECIES: Bonefish, permit, barracuda, jacks, snapper and more
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED: Valid passport. No visa required for citizens of most countries.
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFO 888-777-5060 INTL 01-1-406-585-8667 info [at] yellowdogflyfishing [dot] com
- All accommodations at Rickmon Lodge
- All meals at the lodge
- Daily guided fishing with boat and cooler lunch
- All room and lodging taxes
- Transfers from Marsh Harbour Airport to the lodge
- Airfare from hometown to Abaco
- Airport departure taxes
- Alcoholic beverages, soft drinks, and bar tab (the lodge adds a 15% gratuity on drinks purchased from the bar)
- Gratuities for guides and staff
- Tackle, flies and fishing equipment
- Cost of additional fuel for optional trips to Gorda Cay or Mores Island
- Bahamas fishing license: $5 per day, $10 per week, $20 per month, and $50 for the year (Yellow Dog will ensure the lodge has your license until the online system is in place)
- 7.5% VAT Tax
“Wow! What an amazing first-time saltwater experience for my wife and I. Guides, lodge and staff were all great. We were casting to bones every day, and from day one the action was consistent and successful. Thanks!”
- Duane and Alena H. (Traverse City, MI)
"Man, if I can catch a bonefish on my first day saltwater fishing, anyone can. The guides are very patient and Yellow Dog hooked me up!"
- Ed T. (Louisville, CO)