Cuban permit fishing at its best with luxury beachfront accommodations
Join Tucker Ladd of Trout’s Fly Fishing for a week of permit fishing during prime dates/moon phases at Cayo Cruz in Cuba. We have eight (8) rods available on this great trip to one of our favorite permit-focused destinations with opportunities for bonefish, snook, and tarpon as well.
Dates: April 25 – May 2, 2020
Collectively referred to as Cayo Romano and Cayo Cruz, this is our preferred destination in Cuba for those who like to wade or those who are focused on permit and bonefish (though tarpon and snook can also be found along with other target species). It’s very similar to Los Roques, Venezuela in terms of the vast area that’s wadable. Cayo Cruz and Cayo Romano waters demonstrate all the characteristics of a recently-discovered, virgin fishing territory – large numbers of fish, good size and an evident lack of exposure to flies and leaders. Add to this the natural beauty of the cays and water and you have a truly memorable place to fish with accommodations that are a five-minute walk to the skiffs.
Price: $4,950 per person (based on double occupancy)
- Reception at the Camaguey (CMW) airport and transfer to/from Cayo Cruz
- Seven (7) nights at the Five Star Cayo Cruz Hotel (double occupancy rooms)
- Six (6) full days fishing (double occupancy)
- Beverages while fishing on skiff, 4 drinks (beer, water, soft drinks), each fishing day
RATES DO NOT INCLUDE:
- Tips, personal expense; and drinks other than stated above
- Transfers on arrival and departure from different airports
- Additional tours, hotel nights, or transfers while in Cuba
- $ 100 conservation fee (fishing in a marine protected park in Cuba)
Yellow Dog’s Cuba expert, Kristen Tripp is standing by to help make your next fly fishing trip to Cayo Cruz great.
Contact Kristen to secure your spots soon, and remember that Yellow Dog’s services are completely free!
When you book a trip with Yellow Dog, you never pay more than if you were to book directly with the lodge or outfitter. Plus, you get hands-on assistance, valuable insider information, pre-trip planning materials and total support on all levels.