Explore the flats of remote western cuba with Yellow Dog this spring
Trip Dates: May 2 – 9, 2020
Location: El Faro Lodge
Join Kristen Tripp of Yellow Dog Flyfishing Adventures for a week of exploratory angling at the new El Faro lodge located in the remote Guanahacabibes biosphere of Western Cuba. This is a part of Cuba where the fishery is still very much in the “exploratory and developmental” stage, and the lodge operators and outfitters are still working hard to decipher and figure out all that this area has to offer. Anglers can expect to primarily target tarpon and snook, and bonefish are also available in certain areas. There are permit in the area as well, although the numbers are not as prolific as other parts of Cuba. While the location is remote, The hotel is spacious and comfortable, and each angler always has their own private, single occupancy rooms: spacious wooden cabins with private bathrooms.
Price: $5,500 per person (double occupancy fishing and single occupancy accommodations)
Availability: Limited space remaining
- Seven (7) nights single occupancy accommodations at El Faro Lodge
- Six (6) full days of guided fishing (two people per skiff) **there will be a mix of fishing from skiffs, wade fishing and the opportunity to include a day of blue water fishing during the week**
- Ground transfers from Havana to El Faro Lodge on arrival and departure days
- Three meals per day (all-inclusive meal service)
- Appetizers and all drinks at the lodge
What’s Not Included:
- International flights to Havana (Yellow Dog can assist in arranging these flights)
- Hotel nights in Havana (May 1st and 10th) YD to arrange based on arrival/departure details
- Fishing tackle, equipment, flies and all terminal tackle
- Cuban entrance visa
- Gratuities for guides and staff
Yellow Dog’s Cuba expert, Kristen Tripp is standing by to help make your next fly fishing trip to El Faro Lodge great.
Contact Kristen to secure your spots soon, and remember that Yellow Dog’s services are completely free!
When you book a trip with Yellow Dog, you never pay more than if you were to book directly with the lodge or outfitter. Plus, you get hands-on assistance, valuable insider information, pre-trip planning materials and total support on all levels.