Yellow Dog Flyfishing Careers
Yellow Dog Flyfishing Adventures – based in Bozeman, Montana – is a dynamic, fast-paced and constantly growing company. The Yellow Dog team is comprised of experienced and knowledgeable professionals that have worked in all segments of the fly fishing and travel industries. All positions at Yellow Dog are detail-oriented, where strong attention to detail and a high level of follow-through and communication are crucial. As a member of the Yellow Dog team, you will be immersed in the continuous pursuit of crafting and delivering exceptional customer experiences – in all facets of the business.
Current Open Positions
Yellow Dog Internship Program
YELLOW DOG 2021 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Our Company Mission: “Yellow Dog Flyfishing Adventures is committed to delivering the very best customer experience possible. We pair honest, relevant, and valuable advice with technical know-how and first-hand knowledge of every destination we book, thereby delivering extraordinary fishing and travel experiences that are custom-tailored to our client’s specific goals and expectations.”
Who is Yellow Dog? The Yellow Dog team represents over 245 lodges and destinations, spanning 29 different countries. We customize high-end angling and vacation packages while providing clients exceptional expertise, service, and planning materials from start to finish.
How Can I Become a Part of the Yellow Dog Team? Apply to be an intern, of course! Our internship program is the perfect way to gain an insider’s perspective into the fishing and adventure travel industry, learn our complete booking process; start to finish, and even gain perspective on what your future career path might look like in the fishing or outdoor industry.
What is Yellow Dog Looking for in an Intern? We are looking for a detail-oriented, self-starter – one who excels in both written and verbal communication and has the ability to work independently while wearing many hats simultaneously. This is a full-time position, with somewhat flexible hours within the typical office hours of Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Work alongside YDFA program directors and administrators to generate client travel documents
- Independently enter data into Salesforce CRM and/or Quickbooks with accuracy
- Assist our social media team with content generation, ideas and industry research
- Handle marketing material mailings and work on campaigns
- Maintain a professional voice when communicating with clients and vendors / partners
- Act as a multi-tasking team player open to events, projects, research, editing, proofing and more
- Work with the Executive Director and board members of the Yellow Dog Community and Conservation Foundation (YDCCF) in program development
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- Strong attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in fast-paced environments, willingness to handle any task
- Experience with travel planning, concierge services and social media outlets is preferred
- A fly fishing background and knowledge of the sport is a bonus (not required, but helpful!)
- Work alongside many top fly fishing and travel professionals in the industry
- Gain first-hand knowledge of the fly fishing industry while gaining sales and marketing experience
- Meet with other industry leaders to discuss succeeding in the fly fishing industry
- Learn from the team on different fishing techniques for different species in different countries
- May include a modest living stipend – more information is available upon request
- Spend time in Bozeman, Montana enjoying amazing outdoor recreational opportunities
How Do I Apply? Please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected], detailing why you feel you would be a good fit to join the Yellow Dog team. If you have already submitted your resume, please follow up with a one-paragraph email on why you would be a good fit as a Yellow Dog Intern and why you feel this position is for you. Thank you!
This position is based in Bozeman, Montana
Yellow Dog Flyfishing Adventures is looking for a meticulous communicator, detail-oriented, customer service-focused person to join the Yellow Dog team as a Program Assistant.
Yellow Dog Flyfishing is a hands-on, specialty travel and fly fishing destination company that delivers the finest “insider” knowledge that customers need to find, book and arrange the perfect fly fishing vacation. Yellow Dog Flyfishing Adventures represents over 200 lodges and outfitters around the globe. Yellow Dog plans and books high-end angling and vacation packages, providing clients with exceptional expertise, planning materials and customer service from start to finish. With an office location in the heart of downtown Bozeman, Yellow Dog offers a high-energy, fast-paced work environment and the opportunity to work with an exceptionally friendly and cooperative group of travel and fishing professionals.
- Generate travel itineraries and trip planning paperwork with accuracy and attention to detail
- Enter data into Salesforce database system with accuracy and assist in regular maintenance of Salesforce system
- Track the trip planning process, from pre-trip planning details to post-trip feedback.
- Assist with managing complex logistics
- Provide customer support via phone and email, including answering incoming company phone calls
- Maintain a professional and customer service focus when communicating with clients, vendors and partners
- Act as a liaison between clients and our 200+ partners/lodges
- Work with the Program Directors to maintain customer service goals
- Provide assistance with general day to day operations of Yellow Dog office
- Periodically participate in events and projects outside of business hours
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- Possess and demonstrate a strong attention to detail
- Proven willingness to be a team player
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong phone contact handling skills
- Experience with Microsoft Suite, Quickbooks, Outlook, Salesforce and other data management tools preferred
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively in a fast-paced work environment
- Maintain client confidentiality at all times
- A fly fishing background and knowledge of the sport is a bonus, as is experience in travel planning or concierge services
SCHEDULING AND HOURS
- Full-time position
- Compensation is dependent on experience
- Position will have a three-month probationary period during which compensation is hourly. At the end of the three-month probationary period, a review meeting will take place to discuss transitioning to salaried position.
We are an energetic and collaborative office, and we value people who work hard, are fun to work with, and have a positive impact on those around them. Position is 40 hours per week, M-F, between 8am – 5pm (with some flexibility).
Qualified and interested applicants please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected]