Yellow Dog Flyfishing Careers
Yellow Dog Flyfishing Adventures – based in Bozeman, Montana – is a dynamic, fast-paced and constantly growing company. The Yellow Dog team is comprised of experienced and knowledgeable professionals that have worked in all segments of the fly fishing and travel industries. All positions at Yellow Dog are detail-oriented, where strong attention to detail and a high level of follow-through and communication are crucial. As a member of the Yellow Dog team, you will be immersed in the continuous pursuit of crafting and delivering exceptional customer experiences – in all facets of the business.
Current Yellow Dog Job Openings
Yellow Dog Spring Internship Program
Our Company Mission: “Yellow Dog Flyfishing Adventures is committed to delivering the very best customer experience possible. We pair honest, relevant, and valuable advice with technical know-how and first-hand knowledge of every destination we book, thereby delivering extraordinary fishing and travel experiences that are custom tailored to our clients’ specific goals and expectations.”
Who is Yellow Dog? The Yellow Dog team represents over 245 lodges and destinations, spanning across 29 different countries. We customize high-end angling and vacation packages while providing clients exceptional expertise, service, and planning materials from start to finish.
How Can I Become a Part of the Yellow Dog Team? Apply to be an intern, of course! Our internship program is the perfect way to gain an insider’s perspective into the fishing and adventure travel industry, learn our complete booking process; start to finish, and even gain perspective on what your future career path might look like in the fishing or outdoor industry.
What is Yellow Dog Looking for in an Intern? We are looking for a detail-oriented, self-starter – one who excels in both written and verbal communication and has the ability to work independently while wearing many hats simultaneously. This is a full-time position, with somewhat flexible hours within the typical office hours of Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. *This internship is for Spring 2022: April – June of 2022.*
- Work alongside YDFA program directors and administrators to generate client travel documents
- Independently enter data into Salesforce CRM and/or Quickbooks with accuracy
- Assist our social media team with content generation, ideas and industry research
- Handle marketing material mailings and work on campaigns
- Maintain a professional voice when communicating with clients and vendors / partners
- Act as a multi-tasking team player open to events, projects, research, editing, proofing and more
- Work with the Executive Director and board members of the Yellow Dog Community and Conservation Foundation (YDCCF) in program development
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- Strong attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in fast-paced environments, willingness to handle any task
- Experience with travel planning, concierge services and social media outlets is preferred
- A fly fishing background and knowledge of the sport is a bonus (not required, but helpful!)
- Work alongside many top fly fishing and travel professionals in the industry
- Gain first-hand knowledge of the fly fishing industry while gaining sales and marketing experience
- Meet with other industry leaders to discuss succeeding in the fly fishing industry
- Learn from the team on different fishing techniques for different species in different countries
- Spend time in Bozeman, Montana enjoying amazing outdoor recreational opportunities
How Do I Apply? Please submit a resume and cover letter to melissa@yellowdogflyfishing, detailing why you feel you would be a good fit to join the Yellow Dog team. If you have already submitted your resume, please follow up with a one paragraph email on why you would be a good fit as a Yellow Dog Intern and why you feel this position is for you. Thank you!