Yellow Dog Flyfishing Careers
Yellow Dog Flyfishing Adventures – based in Bozeman, Montana – is a dynamic, fast-paced and constantly growing company. The Yellow Dog team is comprised of experienced and knowledgeable professionals that have worked in all segments of the fly fishing and travel industries. All positions at Yellow Dog are detail-oriented, where strong attention to detail and a high level of follow-through and communication are crucial. As a member of the Yellow Dog team, you will be immersed in the continuous pursuit of crafting and delivering exceptional customer experiences – in all facets of the business.
Current Open Positions
YDCCF Executive Director
The Yellow Dog Community and Conservation Foundation (YDCCF or Foundation) works to enhance communities, build partnerships and support conservation in places where great fishing is found. We achieve this by providing targeted grants to support priority conservation needs, vital community projects, and educational efforts in international angling destinations. The Foundation also builds partnerships to leverage funding for specific projects and impact. The Yellow Dog Community & Conservation Foundation is a 501(c)3 non‐profit organization launched in October 2016, and is the charitable, non‐profit arm of Yellow Dog Flyfishing Adventures.
The Director for the Yellow Dog Community and Conservation Foundation will provide the leadership and support to execute the mission of YDCCF and coordinate the organization to ensure its goals and objectives are accomplished within a prescribed time frame and based on funding parameters. The Director will provide the leadership to steer the organizational structure, manage budgets, and establish goals through an annual strategic plan. This position is part-time (.5) to start, with the possibility to transition into three quarter or full-time as determined by the Board.
The Director must have good communication skills and be a positive team player with excellent interpersonal skills, exhibit patience when necessary, and be able to interact with different types of people. They must also have the ability to display sound judgment and be able to work under pressure. The Director must demonstrate a willingness and enthusiasm to uphold YDCCF’s mission and goals. In addition, the Director is expected to act in a professional manner and keep in mind that his/her actions demonstrate not only a representation of YDCCF, but of Yellow Dog Flyfishing Adventures.
The schedule will vary with the flow of the business and the demands of the organization. Occasional weekend work may be required for certain events or projects. This position reports to the YDCCF Board of Directors. Some travel, both domestic and international may be required.
.5 Time: $32-36k DOE
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to execute the mission of the Yellow Dog Community & Conservation Foundation.
- Build an organization of excellence focused on strong governance, an effective Board of Directors, staff and volunteers.
- Develop an annual budget for review and approval by the Board, and direct financial activities and decision-making based on plans and policies as approved and directed by the Board of Directors.
- Review and evaluate YDCCF activities and finances quarterly to ensure that the Foundation is continually monitoring cash flow and other fiscal considerations for the financial well-being of the Foundation.
- Develop and implement, in partnership with the Board, a fundraising plan and strategy to raise funds to support the current budget and support goals of the organization and build support with donors and partners.
- Grow YDCCF’s funding base among individuals, foundations, and corporations. Including grant writing, major donor cultivation, generating reporting and giving formal and informal presentations.
- Regular and ongoing management and prompt communications on behalf of the organization with grantees, donors, YD staff and general inquiries.
- Generate an annual report at the close of each fiscal year.
- Develop and implement a marketing and outreach plan including developing new marketing and fundraising materials, updating the website, and raising the profile of YDCCF. This should include, but not be limited to, blog updates, social media posts and newsletters with regular frequency.
- Oversee and coordinate the YDCCF grants program and solicit and review proposals. This may include regular communication with YD staff in order to explore and solicit proposals as appropriate. Promote an organizational culture that fosters a passion for the YDCCF mission, and assure that YDCCF’s mission and programs are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain and update all YDCCF database systems and grant tracking documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 3 years in a position within a related field.
- Demonstrated ability to write grant proposals, reports and other materials.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a small team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of audiences.
- Must exhibit creativity in coordinating projects and partnerships.
- Must have strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, MailChimp, Dropbox, social media platforms, etc. QuickBooks experience preferred.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills, and attention to detail.