Yellow Dog Flyfishing Careers
Yellow Dog Flyfishing Adventures – based in Bozeman, Montana – is a dynamic, fast-paced and constantly growing company. The Yellow Dog team is comprised of experienced and knowledgeable professionals that have worked in all segments of the fly fishing and travel industries. All positions at Yellow Dog are detail-oriented, where strong attention to detail and a high level of follow-through and communication are crucial. As a member of the Yellow Dog team, you will be immersed in the continuous pursuit of crafting and delivering exceptional customer experiences – in all facets of the business.
Current Open Positions
Bahamas Program Manager
YELLOW DOG FLYFISHING SEEKING FULL-TIME BAHAMAS PROGRAM DIRECTOR AND SALTWATER SALES TEAM MEMBER
Yellow Dog – one of the largest and most-established fishing travel and booking agencies in the industry – is seeking a full-time, experienced and professional program sales director to lead and manage the company’s Bahamas program. Based out of the Bozeman, Montana headquarters of Yellow Dog, this sales position will collaborate with the saltwater sales team to sell, arrange and support client trip to our 23+ destinations throughout the Bahamas, while also overlapping in a support role with our Belize, Honduras, Yucatan and Christmas Island programs.
About Yellow Dog Flyfishing Adventures:
Founded in 1999, Yellow Dog Flyfishing Adventures specializes in planning and arranging the finest fly fishing trips and vacation packages in the world. The Yellow Dog team delivers the most in-depth, relevant and insider knowledge that our customers rely on to research, find, book and plan the perfect fishing vacation. The Yellow Dog team of experts is fueled by adventure, grounded in experience, and professional on all levels – always ready to share our enthusiasm, energy, and expertise at zero extra cost to our clients.
About the Position:
As the Yellow Dog Flyfishing program director and sales lead for the Bahamas, you will manage and oversee day-to-day sales, marketing and client communications pertaining to our Bahamas lodge offerings, and also assume the direct management role for the lodges, guides and outfitters that we work with and represent in the region. (Existing Bahamas lodges and operations that will fall under the program direction of this position include Galloup’s Sandy Point Lodge, Chester’s Lodge, Big Charlie’s Lodge, Andros South, Bair’s Lodge, Broad Shad Cay Lodge, Coakley House, Da Bay Bonefish Lodge, Eleven Experience Mothership on Andros, Kamalame Cay Resort, Mangrove Cay Club, Mount Pleasant Lodge, North Andros Flyfishing Lodge, Red Bays Bonefish Lodge, Small Hope Bay Lodge, Swain’s Cay Lodge, Crooked Island Lodge, East End Lodge, North Riding Point Club, H2O Bonefishing, Deadman’s Cay, Stella Maris and others.) The ideal candidate will exhibit excellent communication and writing skills, and a high degree of attention to detail.
- Responsible for running and managing trips pertaining to the Bahamas, as well as assisting with Yucatan, Belize, Baja, Christmas Island, Honduras, and other areas specified on a case-by-case basis.
- Contribute to overall and standard office duties, including phones, client relations, customer service, messages, and organization of day-to-day operations.
- Handle all Yellow Dog customers and potential customers and leads in a professional, friendly and courteous manner and field all phone calls relating to Bahamas destination inquiries while assisting clients in choosing the best lodge or destination.
- Directly communicate with Bahamas lodges/outfitters for available trip dates and confirm all reservations.
- Create initial trip invoices, direct completion of initial pre-trip planning packets, and proof and approve all trip itineraries.
- Enter all leads and completed/confirmed trips into the SalesForce database.
- Communicate with lodges regarding all client concerns and requests.
- Follow-up on all Bahamas trips with pre-travel and post-trip calls to clients.
- Review Yellow Dog’s current Bahamas program offerings, and propose updates, changes to the current line-up, edits to existing offerings, and other ideas and options for improving Yellow Dog’s overall Bahamas program line-up.
- Work as part of the three-person saltwater team to sell and assist with an overall saltwater program that includes Belize, the Yucatan, Bahamas, Baja, Christmas Island, and Honduras.
- Organize, approve and update web information, photos, rates, etc. on a regular basis for each Bahamas operation featured on the Yellow Dog website.
- Maintain, edit and update pre-trip guides for the Bahamas, as well as addendums for select destinations.
- General office workday of 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Direct work experience executing similar responsibilities as outlined above.
- A background in saltwater fly fishing and a general knowledge of the Bahamas.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Program director will research and visit key Yellow Dog lodges throughout the Bahamas as well as potential new lodges throughout the region that can further enhance Yellow Dog’s destination offerings.
- Provide information, updates, specials and other information pertaining to the Bahamas territory for social media posts and inclusions in regular Yellow Dog newsletters and mailings.
- Be willing to work and attend at least 2-3 winter consumer shows or events each season to promote Yellow Dog’s travel services and the saltwater program offerings.
- Preference given for QuickBooks and Salesforce program experience.
- A sense of camaraderie and the ability to thrive in a team environment.
Monthly base salary (dependent on experience) plus commissions on all program sales.
- Company Health and Medical
- Paid Annual Vacation
- 401k plan
Please submit a CV and letter of introduction to Yellow Dog Flyfishing director of operations, Jim Klug at: [email protected]
The ideal candidate will be well-organized and comfortable dealing with all types of financial data. This individual will be responsible for overseeing the accounts payable and receivable, processing payroll and conducting other tasks related to finance. They should be extremely detail and process-oriented and ideally will thrive in an environment where they are able to contribute to positive change and development.
- Track expenses, budget, taxes, cash flow, receipts and other financial dealings of company
- Support monthly close process in QuickBooks
- Bank and Credit Card Reconciliations
- Provide regular financial reports (weekly, monthly and yearly)
- Quarterly payroll tax filings with CPA
- Daily processing of receivables and payables
- Comfortable having conversations about account balances with vendors and customers
- Ensure timely processing of payroll (bi-weekly)
- Support CFO with other data entry, financial analysis and other work as-needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Proven track record of solving practical problems
- Proven ability to handle a high-volume workload at a high level of efficiency
- 3+ years of experience in related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and QuickBooks
- 3+ years QuickBooks experience preferred
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Detail oriented Has a positive attitude and an unrivaled ability to work with peers, staff and senior management collaboratively
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills
- Is committed to fostering and maintaining a service culture
$20 – $25 per hour (DOE)
Benefits Included (Health, Dental, PTO)
Please send resumé and cover letter to Brett Morr: [email protected]