Yellow Dog Flyfishing Careers
Yellow Dog Flyfishing Adventures – based in Bozeman, Montana – is a dynamic, fast-paced and constantly growing company. The Yellow Dog team is comprised of experienced and knowledgeable professionals that have worked in all segments of the fly fishing and travel industries. All positions at Yellow Dog are detail-oriented, where strong attention to detail and a high level of follow-through and communication are crucial. As a member of the Yellow Dog team, you will be immersed in the continuous pursuit of crafting and delivering exceptional customer experiences – in all facets of the business.
Digital Content Coordinator (Full Time - Bozeman, MT)
About Yellow Dog
Yellow Dog Flyfishing is a hands-on, specialty travel and fly fishing destination company that delivers the finest “insider” knowledge that customers need to find, book and arrange the perfect fly fishing vacation. Yellow Dog Flyfishing Adventures represents over 200 lodges and outfitters around the globe. Yellow Dog plans and books high-end angling and vacation packages, providing clients with exceptional expertise, planning materials and customer service from start to finish. With an office location in the heart of downtown Bozeman, Yellow Dog offers a high-energy, fast-paced work environment and the opportunity to work with an exceptionally friendly and cooperative group of travel and fishing professionals.
About the role
Yellow Dog Flyfishing Adventures is seeking a proven and passionate Digital Content Coordinator with experience in the fly fishing industry and with digital marketing platforms to create and coordinate web, email, podcast and other rich content in-line with Yellow Dog’s story and marketing goals for 2020 and beyond.
This dynamic role involves daily coordination and processing of new information from the sales and marketing teams at Yellow Dog. Yellow Dog’s digital content coordinator will ensure that new content is effectively scheduled, created and distributed on multiple digital platforms and will be responsible for measuring, evaluating, and refining efforts in light of current marketing goals and feedback from clients and the Yellow Dog Team.
The Digital Content Coordinator will work closely with various members of the Yellow Dog team to implement strategies and tactics that focus on:
- Enhancing the Yellow Dog customer experience and improving retention rates
- Achieving a higher degree of consistency in brand messaging and higher-quality internal organization
- Improving the quality of marketing within identified key market segments
- Telling the Yellow Dog story consistently across a variety of platforms
- Website Management
- Manage Yellow Dog website uploading new content, organizing existing content, measuring the success of content, and implementing strategies to ensure an optimized daily user experience
- Media Organization
- Management and organization of raw and current images, working with director of Photography and ensuring proper media ownership
- Email Marketing
- Coordinate with the Yellow Dog team to craft segmented contact lists, newsletters and content; evaluating and optimizing email marketing performance; creating and coordinating strategies for other digital channels
- Waypoints Podcast
- Manage the digital distribution platforms, copy writing, promotion and coordinate with Waypoint host on new content, scheduling and improving podcast
- Content Planning and Organization
- Building and managing rich content to meet the needs of key stakeholders and the Yellow Dog audience while continually expanding qualified leads, sales and repeat business; ensuring relevant and valuable content without redundancy
- Industry Events/PR
- Work with the Yellow Dog staff on various marketing events to help with organization and ensure proper representation of the Yellow Dog brand; publishing event and trade show schedules across digital platforms
- Lead Management
Work with the Yellow Dog team on a strategy and implementation to capture, track and distribute leads sourced on web channels
- B.A./B.S. in Marketing or equivalent degree or work experience
- WordPress, Salesforce, Mailchimp and digital podcasting platform experience
- Knowledge of standard media composition rules / best practices, media richness, marketing strategies, best practices in SEO and digital marketing.
- Email marketing, optimization, lead nurturing, marketing automation and web analytics experience
- Excellent written, presentation and communication skills
- Experience in fly fishing and/or travel industries
In order to succeed in this role, the candidate must be highly self-motivated, independent, creative, display excellent leadership and organization skills, have a deep understanding of the Yellow Dog brand and value proposition, be tuned-in to the fly fishing industry, and be ready to advocate for the Yellow Dog customer.
How to Apply
Please submit your application via email to [email protected] or drop off in person at 213 S Willson Avenue Bozeman, MT 59715.
Applications must include:
- Cover letter describing your background and interest, and specific details about your qualifications for the position