Fly Fish the Beautiful Flats Near Isla Holbox
PLEASE READ: TO BEGIN YOUR BOOKING PROCESS, PLEASE CLICK “RESERVE NOW” ABOVE.
- We provide you with direct communication with the outfitter or guide to set up a guided fishing trip through our Day Trip program. All communication will be done directly with the outfitter or guide unless stated otherwise.
- Yellow Dog is entirely hands-off in our day trip program, providing the Yellow Dog approved outfitters and guides with referrals and client information.
- To set up a day trip and begin communicating with the outfitter or guide, click the “Reserve Now” button above. You will fill out a short form that will generate an action email that goes directly to the outfitter. The guide will in turn reply to you via email or phone. Please allow the outfitter or guide some time to respond to you, as they may be on the water or out of cell coverage during normal fishing and business hours.
Accommodations are not included with these fly-fishing day trips basing out of Isla Holbox. For travelers planning to overnight in the area, we can recommend some local hotel options across many budgets and with various amenities.
Food and Beverages
Your guide will provide a packed cooler with lunch and assorted beverages, including water. Beer and alcohol are not included. Lunches are often had while sitting in the boat enjoying the scenery.
Typical Length of Fishing Day
The standard fishing day is six to eight hours long, with most guides amenable to varying times to suit your needs. Typical days have you departing between 7 and 8 AM and returning between 4 and 6 PM.
Where to Meet Your Guide
Most Isla Holbox fly fishing day trips will meet at your lodging or a shuttle will provide service to a nearby marina. Meeting place and times will be well communicated prior to the start of your Isla Holbox fly fishing trip arranged by Yellow Dog Flyfishing Adventures.
How To Get There
Most guests planning to visit Isla Holbox will fly in and out of Cancun International Airport (CUN) – an easy airport to get to with direct daily flights from most cities in the U.S. and abroad.
All U.S. citizens are required to have a valid passport that does not expire within six (6) months of trip dates. Please be sure that your passport has at least two blank, unstamped pages remaining in the back, and that it is not torn, delaminated, or damaged in any way. No visas or inoculation are required for U.S. citizens. A Mexican departure tax is payable at the airport when leaving Mexico. Some airlines include this as a prepaid part of your ticket.
Minors Travelling To Mexico Without Both Parents
If you are planning on traveling with minors, remember that all children under 18 years of age entering Mexico accompanied by only one parent or legal guardian must have a notarized letter of consent from the other parent stating the child/children have his/her permission to enter the country. Single parents need a notarized documentation of divorce decree or death certificate of spouse. Minors unaccompanied by either parent require a notarized letter of consent signed by both parents.
Yellow Dog works directly with and recommends Kanna Travel. They can assist with airline tickets, hotels, transfers and all travel logistics for every destination that we offer. Contact them at 855-739-3139 or email@example.com for more details on airfare ticketing, travel services, and trip insurance.
A small, virgin island with beautiful white sand beaches, surrounded by a magnificent turquoise colored sea, Isla Holbox is blessed with one of the world’s outstanding tarpon habitats. Here in the shallow mangrove lagoons, creeks and flats you will find baby tarpon (5 to 15 pounds) and snook throughout the year. However, it is the migratory fish that make Holbox a unique fly-fishing destination.
In April, migrating fish arrive to feed in the clear water of the shallows. During June, July, and August the fishing for large tarpon in the 75 to the 190-pound range is fantastic. In addition to tarpon and snook, bonefish, barracuda, snapper, permit, and jack crevalle are also occasionally found in area waters during the spring and summer months.
Boats and Equipment
The fishing boats are seaworthy 18-foot pangas, fully equipped for your comfort and safety.
Rates and Terms
Remember that Yellow Dog’s services are completely free! When you book a trip with Yellow Dog, you never pay more than when you book directly with the lodge or outfitter. All prices listed below are quoted in US dollars.
Full-Day Trip (1 or 2 anglers) = $450.00
*Half-Day Trips are NOT an option.
DAY PACKAGE INCLUDES:
– Full-Day of guided fishing
– Cooler lunch and non-alcoholic beverages while fishing
– All fuel, and applicable Mexican VAT taxes
– Pick up by boat from local accommodations each day
DAY PACKAGE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
– Round trip ground transfers to Isla Holbox
– Equipment, terminal tackle, and flies (available for purchase; $5 USD each)
– Alcoholic beverages ($1.00 USD each)
– Area accommodations
– Fishing Licenses ($25 USD for 6 Days)
– International flight to Mexico
– Gratuities for guide
– Activities and meals outside of fishing day
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
Please review day trip terms and conditions section for more information specific to location/outfitter:
CLICK HERE TO VIEW ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS