The second annual Big Yard Bonefish Classic at Swain's Cay Lodge will take place in February, 2024!
Last February was the first of the YDCCF Tournament Series. Between the six teams, 155 bonefish (largest was 31") were landed during the three-day tournament and $33,000 raised from the event, bringing the total YDCCF has granted for the project to $83,000. The Tournament Grand Champion team was taken by the father/son duo of Mason and Matthew Reay and the runner up team was Chris and Brett Baker.
The Mangrove Cay Park Project has already constructed a basketball court, grandstands, and bathrooms. A covered picnic area, volleyball court, and track are slated as the next phase for this exciting and much needed community project for central Andros.
2024 Travel Itinerary
- Arrive at Mangrove Cay, Andros Island on Tuesday, February 20th
- Practice day, welcome party, and auction on Wednesday, February 21st
- Tournament days - Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- Awards and final fiesta on Saturday night
- Depart Mangrove Cay on Sunday, February 25th
- All accommodations at Swain’s Cay Lodge as specified
- Ground transfers to and from airport and lodge on Mangrove Cay
- Daily guided fishing as specified
- All meals at the lodge
- Transfers to and from boat ramps for fishing
- Bottled water and coffee at the lodge
- Full use of kayaks and bikes
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Tournament Fee
What’s Not Included:
- Bahamas VAT Tax on package purchased (10% on package price)
- Airfare to and from Andros Island, Bahamas
- Alcoholic beverages and sodas at the lodge
- Gratuities for fishing guides and lodge staff
- Fly fishing equipment and flies
- Bahamas fishing license
- Bahamas VAT Tax on services/sales outside of packages (i.e. bar, other activities, fly shop, etc.)
- Five nights and four guided days (Customized, longer packages are available)
- Double occupancy package: $4,225 + $250 tournament fee = $4,475 per person
- Single room and double fishing: $4,795 + $250 tournament fee = $5,045 per person
Contact us at Yellow Dog to inquire about heading to Swain's Cay Lodge for both stellar bonefish and accommodations, as well as raising money for an excellent cause.
Click Here to Learn More about YDCCF and ongoing community projects.