Hardy Marksman Fly Rod 6WT 9'6"
- Sintrix FLT applied to an updated mandrel design
- Significantly reduced overall weight
- Ceramic lined titanium framed stripper guides
- Titanium recoil intermediate snake guides
- Light weight & secure custom designed reel seat
- Aluminium section stoppers
- Supplied in Hardy aluminium rod tube
- Rod of choice for the widest range of conditions
Hardy Marksman Fly Rod 966-4
Another streamer friendly rod that could also be used for nymphing or stripping mice, the extra length of the 9'6" rod makes it ideal for covering water. Additionally, the added length and ultralight weight of the rod means you can make tons of casts without an aching shoulder which is common for destinations such as Alaska, Jurassic Lake, or even pursuing searun browns in Iceland or Tierra del Fuego.
In the fluid environment that we ply our craft, the demands are ever changing. Few days truly hit the mark to be deemed "perfect" although it can be argued that any day spent by water is perfect enough. When we fish, the demands we place on little more than a couple of ounces of carbon fibre are considerable, we expect featherlight touch and feel in close, backbone enough to drive a long, fast and accurate loop but with the durability to fight and land that fish of the day, season or even a lifetime. The new Hardy Marksman has been designed, developed and tested with this incredibly varied challenge in mind. A strong, yet considerably lighter blank has been matched with an all new reel seat that further accentuates the weight reduction and promotes an almost weightless in hand feel. Fitted with titanium guides and dressed in a subtle non-flash golden olive, its understated looks hide a capability that needs to be experienced. Designed and developed in Alnwick England during Hardy's 150th year our new flagship rod "The Marksman" truly hits the mark to be deemed "perfect".
We are delighted that you have chosen a Hardy carbon/glass fibre rod. As an owner of a Hardy carbon/glass fibre rod, you are entitled to take part in the Hardy Product Warranty and Repair Service. To do so, you need to register your rod within 60 days of purchase. If you have not already done so, you may register your product through the link below. You will be required to create an account when registering.
You will receive an email confirming your registration.
Once you have registered to take part in the Hardy Product Warranty and Repair Service you will be entitled for the lifetime of the product to the repair or replacement (at our discretion) of damaged, broken or defective sections of your rod in accordance with these terms.
The Hardy Product Warranty and Repair Service is in addition to and does not affect or reduce the owner’s statutory rights which cover against manufacturing faults and mis-described goods during the statutory period. Please ensure you retain proof of purchase as this will be requested upon making a claim under your statutory rights.
How much does it cost?
A handling and repair/replacement fee will be chargeable for each claim made under the Hardy Product Warranty and Repair Service. For current charges see Warranty Charges in the shaded box or contact your nearest customer service department. Hardy reserves the right to change the handling fee and repair/replacement fee from time to time without notice.
Rods manufactured since January 2002 are covered by our Worldwide Extended Warranty. Claims under the Hardy Product Warranty and Repair Service are currently subject to the following charges:
- $75 to cover repair/replacement, handling, administration and return postage and packing charge (per claim).
For rods manufactured before 2002, please contact the customer service team to find out the cost of your claim.
Customers are requested to retain a proof of purchase to aid with the claims process.
Discontinued models: We may at our discretion offer you a comparable rod from the current range, at a discounted price.
How to make a claim
In the event of a claim, the entire rod, or remaining pieces, should be sent to the Hardy® Customer Service Department for assessment with a copy of the completed Warranty Repair/Replacement Form. If the rod has not been registered, a copy of the original proof of purchase must be included.
USA Customer Services Department
Hardy Customer Service Dept.
1900 18th Street
Spirit Lake, IA 51360.
Tel: (888) 516-1247
- You are responsible for the shipping cost of the rod or section to the Hardy Customer Service Department.
- Goods covered by the Hardy Product Warranty and Repair Service will be repaired or replaced at the discretion of Hardy.
- We will try to match, so far as is reasonably possible, a replacement rod section to a broken section. However, there may be color/material and specification variations in the replacement sections against the original.
- The Hardy Product Warranty and Repair Service does not cover lost or stolen rod(s) or rod section(s).
- The Hardy Product Warranty and Repair Service does not cover any associated or consequential liability due to use of the rod.
- Warranty only applied to the original owner.
In the event that you have a valid claim under this service we will repair or replace the rod in accordance with these terms, but we will not be liable to you for any other loss, cost, claim or damage that you may suffer except for those losses which arise as a foreseeable consequence of us breaching these terms.