Terms and Conditions
Cancellation policies differ between each operation and lodge throughout many of our lodge partners. Please follow the directions below to see specific cancellation policies for each operation and lodge. Please be aware that Yellow Dog Flyfishing general terms and conditions are always superseded by those of the individual lodges and outfitters that we work with and represent. IN ADDITION TO THE LODGE'S CANCELLATION POLICY, upon cancellation Yellow Dog Flyfishing, L.L.C. has the right to assess a $100.00 handling charge to all deposits and payments received in the event of date changes, transfers or cancellations. Because payments for most lodge packages are non-refundable, Yellow Dog strongly recommends that anglers and guests purchase travel insurance.
To locate the Terms & Conditions specific to the lodge and/or operation you are traveling to, follow the steps below:
- Utilize the search filter at the top of the page and type in the name of the lodge. Or, utilize the dropdown "Destinations" tab to locate the region you are traveling to. From there, select the lodge.
- Locate Rates & Terms within the lodge's accommodation, travel, and fishing details. Underneath "Toggle Between Categories," users will find a Rates & Terms category.
- Underneath inclusions/exclusions, cancellation and booking terms specific to the destination are provided.
DEPOSIT AND PAYMENT INFORMATION
The following terms and conditions apply to all offers or trips booked and organized by Yellow Dog Flyfishing, L.L.C (“Yellow Dog”). Please read these terms and conditions carefully. Booking a trip, making a deposit, or making a final payment shall be considered acknowledgment that the customer has read and accepted all the terms and conditions contained herein.
Please be aware that Yellow Dog’s terms and conditions are in addition to any terms and conditions of the individual lodges and outfitters that we work with and represent. In instances where Yellow Dog’s general payment and cancellation terms are different from those of individual lodges or outfitters, the terms of the lodges or outfitters will take precedent and become the terms and conditions that apply to related trip packages.
- A 50% deposit per angler of the total package cost for each trip is due to Yellow Dog at the time of booking to secure the trip reservation. In many cases (depending on the destination being booked) deposits are non-refundable. Please view the destination-specific lodge and outfitter list at the bottom of this page to see what refund terms apply to each destination.
- Yellow Dog reserves the right to charge a handling fee of $100.00 per person for any date changes after the initial reservation has been made. Date changes to trips that are already booked (if possible) must be approved and accepted by the individual lodge(s) or outfitter(s). Some lodge(s) or outfitter(s) may not be able to offer date changes.
- Full payment for all Yellow Dog trips is due 90 days prior to departure and start of trip.
- Beginning September 1st, 2020, Yellow Dog will apply a 3% convenience fee for all credit card transactions.
- When a trip is invoiced at a double occupancy, per person rate, the final invoice amount will be changed to a single occupancy / single supplement rate in all instances where an invoiced double occupancy rate based on an even number of anglers is changed to a single angler situation or odd number (in the case of two or more anglers traveling together or with group travel. Odd numbers of anglers will necessitate a single angler / single supplement fee if changes to a reservation or made or if numbers change from an even number of anglers to an odd number.
REMINDER ON SECURE PAYMENTS
We would like to remind you that when you work with Yellow Dog, you will never be asked via email to provide personal financial information or to initiate a wire transfer. Our preferred and secure forms of payment remain:
- Payment through the secure Yellow Dog ACH Link
- Check sent by mail
- Credit card payment over the phone (with a +3% convenience fee added)
MEDICAL, TRAVEL AND TRIP INSURANCE – HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Many deposits and final payments for trip packages are non-refundable so it is highly recommended that you purchase medical, travel or trip insurance if you must cancel, postpone, or reschedule your trip for any reason. Please be aware that this is the only way that Yellow Dog can assist you with compensation for a cancelled trip. Customers are solely responsible for purchasing medical, travel or trip insurance and it is not included in any quote or invoice from Yellow Dog. All medical, travel or trip insurance companies are third party service providers. For more information or assistance in purchasing medical, travel or trip insurance, please contact Yellow Dog for recommendations or visit the section on the Yellow Dog website about Travel Insurance. In light of COVID-19 or any other similar virus, we do know that many standard trip insurance policies will not cover cancellations or offer compensation due to pandemics, epidemics or fear of travel, which is why “Cancel For Any Reason” policies are highly recommended. Please read and research all trip insurance policy details to fully understand coverage.
GENERAL CANCELLATION / REFUND POLICY FOR YELLOW DOG TRIPS
Upon trip cancellation on the part of or based on the decision of the customer, Yellow Dog will assess a $100.00 handling charge to all deposits and payments received. In addition, each individual lodge, outfitter, and destination may charge their own handling and/or administration fee. All cancellations must be given in writing to Yellow Dog. Please keep in mind that Yellow Dog and all customers must adhere to each individual lodge or outfitter cancellation and refund policy, which supersedes cancellation terms stated below. Lodges and outfitters that have their own policies are listed below by region and country. For the few lodges and outfitters that do not specify or list their own cancellation/refund policy, or for the lodges and outfitters that have not published said policies, then all cancellations will adhere to the following terms and conditions:
- Cancellation outside of 90 days = A portion of the trip deposit or final payment may be refunded or credited for a future trip, or transferred to another date or angler.
- Cancellation inside of 90 days = No refunds of deposit or payment, and no trip credits.
- On cancellation notices inside of 90 days, partial refunds/transfers may be made IF suitable replacement is provided by customer.
(Please refer to lodge or outfitter terms, cancellation policies and conditions listed on individual trip invoice as well as on individual web page for each lodge listed on the Yellow Dog website at www.yellowdogflyfishing.com).
- Yellow Dog and its members, officers, principals, employees, and agents, have no liability or responsibility for the acts or omissions of any third-party contractors, outfitters, airlines, railroads, ship owners, charter air carriers, shuttle and taxi drivers, hotels, lodges, fishing guides or other service providers (“Third Parties”) engaged by Yellow Dog on behalf of the customer, or customer directly, in connection with any trip. Customer shall hold Yellow Dog and its members, officers, principals, employees and agents harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, penalties, liabilities, or attorney’s fees, resulting from the acts or omissions of Third Parties including consequential, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, or special damages to property or persons.
- Further, customer is subject to all tariffs, terms, and conditions of all tickets, vouchers, and contracts of such lodges, outfitters, hotels, airlines, railroads, operators, owners and contractors issued in connection with the trip, and the issuance and acceptance of any such tickets, vouchers and contracts shall be deemed to be consent to such conditions.
- Yellow Dog in its sole discretion reserves the right to: (1) make such alterations in the trip itinerary as it deems necessary or desirable, (2) to refuse to accept or retain as a customer, any person at any time (in such case refund will be based on the actual cost of the unfinished portion of tour), and (3) to pass on to customers all expenditures occasioned by delays or occurrences beyond Yellow Dog’s control.
- Yellow Dog reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel any trip prior to departure, in which case full refunds will constitute full settlement to any customer. Prices quoted are based on foreign exchange values and tariffs currently in effect, and prices are subject to change.
- Baggage and personal effects of customer, including items purchased, are always the sole responsibility of such customer and no agent of Yellow Dog is authorized to accept these for storage, safekeeping, or transportation.
- Customer agrees to comply with any codes, laws, orders, ordinances, regulations, and statues of any government authority for any trip destination including layovers.
- EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN, YELLOW DOG DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, TO CUSTOMER, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING AND WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY; FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; SECURITY OR ACURACY.
- Yellow Dog Flyfishing, L.L.C. is a Montana-based limited liability company. These terms and conditions shall be subject to and enforced in accordance with the laws of Montana USA. In the event of a dispute, all parties submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the state courts of Bozeman, Montana USA.
- These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersede all previous written or oral agreements between the parties with respect to such subject matter.
- Yellow Dog shall not be liable for any nonperformance or delay in performance caused by any act or event beyond its reasonable control, including without limitation acts or omissions of Third Parties, unavailability of supplies or labor, equipment failure, war, strikes, lock-outs, fire, flood, earthquake, hurricane, disease, epidemic, pandemic, plague, quarantine, any other Act of God, any law, regulation, ordinance, or other act or order of any court, government, or governmental agency.
The product selection at Yellow Dog Flyfishing includes one of the most complete product assortments an angler or fly tyer will ever come across. We carry offerings from nearly every significant and proven manufacturer in the fly-fishing industry and are always on the “hunt” for more partnerships. We simply can’t carry everything, but we offer the best choices across multiple price points – that an angler can find right here in our Bozeman-based fly shop.
We are happy to special order any standard, current line offering that is available from our various manufacturing partners upon request. Just email us your inquiry and we will get back to you with availability and pricing.
We use the Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for our retail pricing. Items that vary from MSRP may be found during special promotional periods or include items that are no longer being carried in our Bozeman-based fly shop or discontinued by the manufacturer. You may find a color or size of a particular item that is marked down compared to other sizes or colors of the same item – typically these marked downsizes/colors are being discontinued by either Yellow Dog Flyfishing or the manufacturer.
Yellow Dog Flyfishing will match competitor (online or local) offers on new, current, in-stock items. Proof of offer must be provided via email or in-person for consideration and we reserve the right to decline participation in matching the offer if we deem the offer violates the pricing policy set in place by our partner manufacturers.