With over 250 destinations worldwide, Yellow Dog Flyfishing has a fly-fishing trip to suit your needs and budget. A trip on a live-aboard mothership to a remote Indian Ocean atoll may be on your wish list, but, may not be a reality. Just because a mothership experience may not be in your budget—and it very well could be if you take a last-minute trip—we offer a wide range of trip specials and last-minute trips, and with our experience, can assist with booking the best air travel deals.
Here are our tools for getting the most bang for your angling travel buck.
Spending $2,000 to $3,000, not including airfare, can provide a trip with great guides, quality food, and accommodations. Whether you desire to chase bonefish in the Bahamas or trout in Canada, a budget-friendly trip is within reach. Utilize our “Plan Your Trip” filter to select low-budget accommodations and lodging options!
Here’s a list of some of our cheaper saltwater trip options:
- Deadman’s Cay Lodge (Long Island, Bahamas)
- Mt. Pleasant Lodge (Andros, Bahamas)
- Sea Dreams (Caye Caulker, Belize)
- Blue Horizon Lodge (Northeast Caye, Belize)
- Costa de Cocos Lodge (Xcalak, Mexico)
- Ascension Bay Lodge (Punta Allen, Mexico)
- Kay Fly Fishing Lodge (Punta Allen, Mexico)
Here’s a list of some of our cheaper freshwater trip options:
- Glacier Anglers (West Glacier, Montana)
- Absaroka Beartooth Outfitters (Absaroka Wilderness, Montana)
- Bighorn Angler (Fort Smith, Montana)
- Linehan Outfitters (Libby, Montana)
- Elk Creek Ranch (Island Park, Idaho)
- Silvertip Outfitters (Calgary, Canada)
- Dave Brown Outfitters (Calgary, Canada)
- Andres Fly Fishing (Fernie, Canada)
With our industry-leading experience and destinations, there is always a discounted trip available. Be it a shoulder or low-season trip or a last-minute special offered to fill rooms or put guides to work, many of our destinations can be experienced for less if you’re willing to be flexible or travel during off-peak seasons. Dig a little deeper into our Trip Specials or Last-Minute Deals and your angling dollar will stretch even further – and make sure you sign up for the “Last-minute trip specials” list on the Current Trip Specials landing page (click the link above).
Educate Yourself on Airfare Specials
Research, stay informed, travel during shoulder and off-seasons, and more. Getting the best airfares is a delicate combo of research, flexibility, making a decision at the moment, and some luck. Because airfares change every day, be ready to commit—and don’t stress too much at the moment because whether they advertise it or not, most airlines have 24-hour free cancellation policies.
Sharing is Saving
Since most destination fly fishing trips hire guides with boats equipped for two anglers, two anglers per boat and guide is the norm, along with two anglers per room. Because of the double occupancy expectation, most trips are priced per person but with two people sharing a room and a guide. Finding an angling partner can sometimes be a challenge, especially for last-minute or off-peak season trips. Being flexible to share a room and a boat with a stranger could mean more fishing trips for you. Do not let the idea of sharing a room with a stranger scare you—if they are traveling to fish just like you, your potential new roommate cannot be so bad that some earplugs and Ambien can’t solve. In fact, we’ve heard stories of strangers for one trip eventually becoming long-time angling companions on future trips.
Taking a destination fly fishing trip is something every angler should experience—some of our customers get to do it several times a year. At Yellow Dog Flyfishing Adventures we offer a wide range of trips across all budgets and we feel confident we can find a trip to suit your budget and your angling wishes.
- 4 Bahamas Fly Fishing Lodges for the Budget-Minded Traveler
- What Questions to Ask When Booking a Guided Fly Fishing Trip
- Cleaning Your Gear After Your Saltwater Fly Fishing Trip
- Practice Fly Casting: 8 Tips for a Fly Fishers Master Certified Caster
- What is the Best Color of Polarized Sunglasses for Fishing?